|“||Whatever this is, IT'S GOING ON YOUR PERMANENT RECORD!!!||”|
Mrs. Poppy Puff (born 1949) is a paranoid blowfish whose occupation is to teach her students driving lessons at her boating school. SpongeBob has attended the school ever since its opening, and has failed his final driving exam countless times, often injuring Mrs. Puff and/or damaging the school in the process.
SpongeBob SquarePants, Mrs. Puff's longest-standing student, is the bane of her existence. His distracting personality, reckless driving and inability to improve torment her to no end. SpongeBob has failed his driving test countless times, often sending Mrs. Puff to the hospital and causing immense property damage in the process. On multiple occasions, she has been sent to jail as a result of his actions. To make matters worse, SpongeBob has failed to come to terms with the reality that he cannot learn to drive properly, largely due to his boundless optimism. Due to this, she and Squidward Tentacles are on very good terms for good or evil, since SpongeBob is also Squidward's bane of existence, so she has someone to relate to. However, in comparison to Squidward, she is much kinder to SpongeBob (probably stemming from their teacher/student relationship); for example, while Squidward usually tells SpongeBob face-to-face that he hates him, Mrs. Puff has at least tried to hide her fury. Also, she has even acted nice to SpongeBob on some occasions, like in the episode 'Krusty Love', she shows no annoyance or anything negative towards him, except when she screams in horror when she thought they were doing the boating test, and the second time, when she's on her second date with Mr. Krabs, he states SpongeBob is helping him tonight, and she says slightly worried, "Just a second. I need to go call my insurance agent".
Mrs. Puff is very paranoid, mean and erratic, and has had a history of mental instability. In "No Free Rides", it is implied that she has had to move to another town and start a new life with a new name in the past. While this is mostly caused by SpongeBob's antics, it is possible that some of it is caused by loneliness she suffers from after her husband was killed by humans and made into a lamp.
At the beginning of the series, Mrs. Puff seems to not be so optimistic towards SpongeBob and actually treats him like a close friend, save for a few moments when SpongeBob crashes during the course. However, as the series has progressed, Mrs. Puff seems to have developed an intense hatred for him, and can even get a fit of mental instability by just looking at him. This could be because of the fact that SpongeBob becomes more troublesome as the series progresses, and has caused Mrs. Puff great trouble lately. Her thoughts and fears about SpongeBob cause her to think that she was giving SpongeBob a driving test even though they are not at school. This occasion happened in "Krusty Love".
In the episode "Doing Time", Mrs. Puff, thinking she is about to die, says, "Where did I go wrong?". The scene then cuts to a flashback of Mrs. Puff, presumably at the opening of her school, saying "as long as a student is willing to learn, I shall never give up!" Right after she says this, SpongeBob appears and introduces himself to her.
In the episode "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired", Mrs. Puff is fired by her boss, Mr. Fitts, who holds her responsible for SpongeBob's repeated failures. However, she is rehired at the end of the episode.
In the episode, "Demolition Doofus", it is shown that Mrs. Puff has finally been driven completely insane by Spongebob's antics. After losing her ability to puff up thanks to another failed test by Spongebob, she becomes incredibly hostile towards Spongebob. After seeing the many hospitalized competetors of the annual demolision derby, she decides to sign Spongebob up for it, hoping that he will get literally killed in the derby. However, Spongebob proves to be very hard to take down, and he eliminates all the other competetors. At this point, Mrs. Puff enters the derby in a huge truck and tries to kill Spongebob herself, only to crash into her own boating school and regaining her ability to puff up. Despite this, she still shows hostility towards Spongebob at the end of the episode. It is also her first known time tranquilized.
Mrs. Puff's boat.Added by Emily Styles Mrs. Puff is a white, tan-colored blowfish with light blue fins for limbs. She has golden hair, and wears a dark blue shirt with gray ties, a dark blue hat, a red skirt, and red shoes. When frightened or shocked, she bloats up into a ball. This is her defining trait that makes her a blowfish. She is very large and plump, but not overweight, as her size is a trait of her species.
- In Hall Monitor Spongebob causes a lot of damage to Bikini Bottom, however the police arrest her instead even though Spongebob was the one who destroyed the city and not her.
- In Mrs. Puff, You're Fired she is fired because Spongebob has failed so many times. However all the other students are able to pass, and even when the best instructor is hired, he still can't teach him (however he did come close).
- In Oral Report Spongebob steals her boat and causes some damage. However she is arrested simply for being Spongebob's instructor. Overlooking the fact that she didn't instruct her students to do what he did, and the fact that Spongebob stole her boat and is simply "unteachable".
- In Patrick-Man! she is helping a driver out of his boat, however, Patrick thought she was stealing it, hence she was arrested for actually helping someone.
Mrs. Puff always tends to be very paranoid around SpongeBob, since she's been in so many wrecks and accidents with him. Her main goal is to get SpongeBob out of her boating school ASAP, as it has been since her very first appearance (Boating School - season 1). With every episode after the next, Mrs. Puff has grown more hateful towards SpongeBob. The episode "Demolition Doofus" implied that Mrs. Puff wanted to kill SpongeBob, especially with her shouting out in the episode, "WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!". The episode plot is that she enters SpongeBob in a demolition derby, just to get SpongeBob out of her life in the worst possible way.
Mrs. Puff tends to like Squidward more than SpongeBob due to his good driving skills opposed to SpongeBob's bad driving skills (it was even shown that she portrayed him in a documentary as a "good boater"). They also share a common dislike of SpongeBob, as he is always getting both of them into trouble for things that sometimes aren't even their fault.
Mrs. Puff is commonly annoyed by Patrick, as show in "New Student Starfish", when he was being an annoyance, and also wrote an offensive note behind her back (which SpongeBob was blamed for). In "Driven to Tears", he said that she wasn't the boss of him, thus annoying her; however he did show he knew how to drive, thus leading to SpongeBob's jealous side taking control. Also in Patrick-Man! Patrick accuses her of stealing a boat; however, she is actually trying to help someone to get out. However, she is falsely accused and sent to prison for it. Patrick also uses a possible pick-up line on Mrs. Puff in "Party Pooper Pants," though she appeared confused about it.
In some episodes Mrs. Puff and Mr. Krabs tend to argue ("Growth Spout", "Summer Job"), but in "Krusty Love". it was shown that they were in a relationship. This could be due to the fact that Krusty Love took place after "Growth Spout",and "Summer Job", (in which they didn't get along). It is also possible that they broke up and didn't like each other at all anymore. This was also one of the few occasions a relationship didn't end by the time the episode ended. It is shown they still show little affection for each other.
- Crashing into a police car
- Ditching jury duty
- Responsible for damage of Bikini Bottom (Which was actually Spongebob's fault)
- Accused by Patrick-Man of Boat Theft (again not her fault)
- Accidently crossed the county line thus violating her parole
(Sighs) I'm not ready.
We'll see about that, SpongeBob.
What I learned in Boating School is...
You need 600 to pass. You got 6.
(Deep voice) Oh SpongeBob. Why!!!!?
Get away from me!
I gotta get out of here!
No more... SpongeBob?
Let the testing begin!
Get in the boat, SpongeBob!
In your dreams, SpongeBob!
What's the first thing you do?
What's he doing here!!?
Who's there? I'm warning you! I got this pipe remover and I'm not afraid to use it!
There there, darling. The Bad Man's gone now. And if he comes back, We'll make sure he never walks again!
As if I really look like this!
Due tomorrow. And remember class, work hard and no goofing off.
Oh great. Another genuis.
Is that true, Mr. Krabs. You wanted to take me on a date?
What do I say? Ohh. I'd say you have a way with words, Mr. Krabs!
Neptune give me strenght.
Where did I go, wrong?!!!
Oh. Forget it.
You're a very sweet man, Mr. Krabs. (Kisses him)
We'd paid $10 for this?!!
I hate mondays.
Here's your driver's license.
"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!"
"Why are you still ALIVE!?"
"Just focus on the road."
"Happy Halloween Scaredypants." (drives off laughing)
"Not even in your dreams Mr. Squarepants"
"I didn't know that Spongebob had such a colorful vocabulary"
"Oh. I'm sorry SpongeBob, I didn't expect to see you here."
"He even knows the hardy laugh, he has been doing his homework."
- Mrs. Puff is one of few characters that actually wanted SpongeBob dead and actually tried to get rid of him herself as stated in the episode "Demolition Doofus". The other character is Squidward in the episode The Lost Mattress where he actually threatened to murder SpongeBob.
- Mrs. Puff actually deflates in two episodes: Pranks a Lot and, of course, "Demolition Doofus".
- In Hello Bikini Bottom, Mrs. Puff owns her very own bus (she calls it a busmobile) which Mr. Krabs ends up stealing.
- Since Mrs. Puff changed her name and ran away, her name may not be Mrs. Poppy Puff.
- A running gag in the episodes she is in is her always getting arrested or injured.
- )Baby Bop (Barney & Friends)
- Emily the Stirling Engine (Thomas & Friends)
- The Queen (A Bug's Life)
- Darling (Lady and the Tramp)
- Perdita (101 Dalmatians)
- Kala (Tarzan)
- Plilo (Dinosaur)
- Queen (Tangled)
- Sarah Hall-Small (Dr. Seuss)
- Leshawna (Total Drama)
- Bev Bighead (Rocko's Modern Life)
- Mona (Super Mario)
- Wrinkly Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
- Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
- Hikari (EarthBound/Mother)
- DynaBlade (Kirby)
- Mandibuzz (Pokemon)
- Louie's Grandma (Pikmin)
- Alia (Mega Man)
- Cream the Rabbit (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Pamela Landy (The Bourne Legacy)
- Queen Lillian (Shrek)
- Koki (Wild Kratts)
- Katie, Sierra, Dawn, Ella, Samey, Lindsay, Carrie, Miles, or Kitty (Total Drama)
- Leni Loud, Luan Loud, Lana Loud, or Rita Loud (The Loud House)
Similar Heroes Edit
- Fairy Godmother (Disney's Cinderella series)
- Joyce Kinney (Family Guy)
- Impa (The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time)